In this role, you will:
- Build relationships and partner closely with our GoDaddy executive team, leaders and employees to understand our needs and turn our priorities into effective, impactful people strategies.
- Partner with cross-functional subject matter experts to design and execute strategies for how we staff, onboard, develop, motivate, retain and organize work.
- Act as a thought leader and hands-on owner of the implementation of our unique performance and promotion review process and talent programs. Our goal is to reduce bias in the career advancement of our employees, so we ask that you understand, implement and continue to experiment with ways to ensure fairness for all of our employees.
- Champion and represent GoDaddy’s unique culture and values. Create programs that both safeguard and advance our culture as a differentiator compared to other companies.
- Lead org effectiveness and design activities to ensure the health, effectiveness and efficiency of the org.
- Partner with business leaders and Talent Acquisition to establish a high hiring bar continuously and drive process improvement to source and hire high quality, diverse candidates.
- Influence our diversity practices to build a more diverse workforce through innovative thinking and practices.
- Leverage data to make our people process smarter and more efficient. Strong knowledge of workforce analytics and metrics.
- Manage, inspire and develop your team to deliver results, share best practices internally, benchmark externally, scale and grow their skills and impact.
- Provide expertise in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards and employee relations.
- Thrive in a fast paced environment open to experimentation and continuous improvement. Be willing to take risks and bring creative solutions to the table.
- Be comfortable shifting gears from deeply complex strategy discussions to rolling up your sleeves to get things done.
- Leverage strong problem solving skills to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
- Travel typically two to four times a quarter. This role can be based in one of our Arizona offices, Kirkland, WA or in Sunnyvale, CA.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years of HR or relevant business partner experience.
- Experience leading and growing a business partner team.
- Demonstrated ability to listen, accept feedback and respond to requests from leaders, employees, People Ops colleagues and team members.
- Demonstrated examples of partnership and influence with leaders, employees and peers.
- Proven track record of influencing and coaching executives to organize strategically to scale and flex with business needs.
- Experience working with innovative, fast-paced engineering teams.
- Deep expertise working with software development teams and leaders.
- Demonstrated understanding of the highly competitive nature of retaining a great workforce in the high tech industry and examples of innovative approaches to engage and retain employees that will set GoDaddy apart.
- A combination of HR experience in the following areas: Organizational design, succession planning, performance management, diversity and inclusion, business consulting, compensation and rewards, recognition programs, culture, employee engagement, coaching and development, talent management, conflict resolution, acquisitions, data analysis, and employee relations.
- Great communicator with the ability to build relationships with senior leaders, employees and a complex set of stakeholders to drive organizational change.