The mission at Make-A-Wish America is to grant the wish of every child diagnosed with a critical illness. The Employee Experience & Internal Communications Manager I is a key contributor to the mission by enabling culture transformation across the enterprise with a focus on evolving organizational engagement and communications.
CLICK HERE to see how Make-A-Wish America team members describe the rewarding work we do!
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to implement internal communication systems and curate and develop content.
- Capable of managing Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Possess strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to respond positively to rapidly changing situations and adapt.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and deadline pressures.
- Engage effectively with professionals at all levels of the organization.
- Possess excellent communication skills, strategic thinking, and people and project management skills.
- Organize work, prioritize, and delegate to meet deadlines and make timely decisions with sound judgment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Enable culture transformation through Internal Communications
- Serves as the internal communications systems administrator and manages the flow of content and information through a nationwide network of communication and collaboration systems, including the organization’s intranet, communication distribution system, Workplace by Facebook, etc.
- Editor for two internal weekly newsletters targeted to National Office and chapter employees.
- In partnership with the IT and intranet teams, troubleshoot technical issues on internal communication platforms.
- Primary liaison for the National Office on internal communication and collaboration platforms, projects, etc.
- Analyze systems reporting to drive decisions around communication process, platforms, etc.
- Design and implement survey process and communication strategy to support organizational data needs.
Identify and Intentionally Influence Make-A-Wish America Culture Transformation
- Connect employees to the mission, vision and values, as well as each other, leadership and the business, cultivating a culture of employee engagement.
- Drive initiatives in support of Make-A-Wish employee value proposition (EVP), including leading Employee Committees.
- Set priorities to drive Make-A-Wish America culture transformation and guide the organization to implement culture change.
- Identify culture and engagement trends and influence and develop solutions throughout the employee journey against these trends.
- Contribute to building an inclusive workplace experience for diverse group of employees.
- Align solutions with enterprise-wide culture initiatives.
Refine and Implement Employee Recognition Programs that Foster a Positive Workplace
Environment Consistent with the Mission and Values of the Organization
- Oversee management of current employee recognition platforms and anniversary celebration protocols in alignment with the Make-A-Wish mission and values.
- Identify opportunities, design and adjust programs to maximize engagement, culture of appreciation and retention, per industry trends and employee feedback.
- Influence and align employee recognition with enterprise-wide strategies.
Develop Strategy to Leverage Data and Action Employee Feedback on an Ongoing Basis
- Support engagement survey process, including analysis, action planning and communication.
- Inspire action across the organization based on engagement insights.
- Partner across the organization in developing and facilitating employee listening posts to inform adjustments to the employee experience.
- Ensure alignment and consistent messaging around culture, engagement and EVP across communications being distributed to Make-A-Wish America employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business administration or related field (public relations, marketing, journalism, English, human resources) required.
- 5+ years experiences in Human Resources or Corporate Communications specifically in culture transformation, communications, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and other applications required.
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems is preferred.
- Working knowledge of nonprofit organizations is helpful.
- Work in an office environment in Phoenix, AZ.
- May require work outside a traditional Mon.– Fri. work week, and outside normal business hours.
Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive compensation with annual incentive potential
- Comprehensive benefit package: Medical, Vision, Dental, Wellness
- *100% employer paid for employee*
- Health and Flexible Spending Account Options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- *100% employer paid for employee*
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 15 PTO days, 10 Paid Holidays, 2 Personal Days
- Maternity Leave
- Educational Tuition Assistance
- Employee Awards and Recognition Programs
- Individual and Leadership Development
- Discounts and special offers for theme parks, events, hotels, concerts, and movie tickets