We are looking for a skilled corporate communications professional to shape strategic communications for Lockheed Martin Space employees. In this role, you will provide integrated communications counsel for Lockheed Martin Space’s largest internal functional organization—Engineering & Technology (E&T). Working with the E&T team, including executive leadership, you will help create and execute communications strategies designed to engage, inform and inspire more than 10,000 engineers and scientists. Your work will connect employees to enterprise objectives and highlight the impact our Lockheed Martin Space E&T team makes on the company and the world. Although this role will be primarily focused on employee communications strategies, you will work to integrate stories of innovation and technology, as well as people-focused campaigns, across internal and external audiences.
In this position you’ll focus on creating and executing employee communications campaigns and projects in the following areas:
- Culture, Strategy and Vision: As the largest functional organization within Lockheed Martin Space, connecting Engineering & Technology employees to functional and enterprise culture, strategy and vision will be a critical component of this role. You’ll align E&T to overarching business objectives, highlight the talent and capability of employees within E&T and engage enterprise-wide and function-specific audiences in E&T achievements.
- We Do Space: Space isn’t a place to go, it’s a place to do – and we do space better than anyone. Engineering & Technology touches all Lockheed Martin Space initiatives and programs. You’ll celebrate and recognize the accomplishments of our E&T teammates and engage and inspire all employees in our collective enterprise success in space.
- Innovation & Technology: We don’t just push the boundaries of what’s possible, we define them. At Lockheed Martin Space, we invest in bringing in the brightest and most brilliant minds in the industry – our employees – to develop leading-edge technologies for missions that will protect and even change our world. As the lead communicator for the E&T team, you’ll be positioned to proactively seek out the next technology stories and the employees that make them possible.
This position will report to the Manager of Employee Communications for Lockheed Martin Space, and will work in partnership with Engineering & Technology and other functional leaders to create high-impact communications strategies.
- Serving as the primary communications business partner for the Lockheed Martin Space Engineering & Technology function to develop all-employee and all-leader communications
- Acting as a strategic counsel to the E&T leadership team and other senior leaders to shape and reinforce consistent communications strategies and execution
- Writing and producing all-employee and all-leader messages to be used across internal communications channels (intranet, digital signage networks, emails, townhalls/webcasts, etc.)
- Pursuing examples of innovation and technology to showcase the excellence and expertise of Lockheed Martin Space engineers and connecting those examples to larger stories and campaigns involving recruiting, career development and economic impact
- Identifying opportunities for collaboration, storytelling and stakeholder engagement across internal and external channels and spanning Lockheed Martin Space functions and programs
- Working cross-functionally with members of the Space External Communications and Visual Communications teams to ensure integrated execution of communications campaigns and projects
- Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Journalism, Communications, Public Relations)
- 8+ years relevant experience in corporate communications, PR and/or marketing communications
- Excellent communications skills with strong writing and editing ability, including application of AP Style
- Strong understanding of the broad range of tools, processes and practices of internal communications and employee engagement; experience communicating to large employee audiences
- Position may require quarterly travel
- Demonstrated executive presence
- Comfortable interpreting complex technical writing and conversation to extract news, meaning and clear messages for larger audiences
- Experience communicating change management initiatives
- Experience in media relations
- Knowledge of Lockheed Martin’s business
- Proactive, enthusiastic, highly organized and results oriented, with a strong sense of follow-up and closure
- A self-starter who can be depended upon to ensure the accuracy and quality of communications material and content and is accustomed to autonomy in a role
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Public Relations Clearance Level: None Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First
Job ID: 461446BR
Date posted: Nov. 14, 2018
City: Littleton, Sunnyvale
State: California, Colorado