Employee Development Program Lead
Comerica's Technology and Engineering Collective (TEC) program is a two-year assignment rotation program designed to provide recent College graduates accelerated training in Information Technology. This role will also be responsible for our Technology Internship program.
The TEC Program Lead will be responsible for aligning the program with our strategic direction, participant development, on-boarding, budgeting, program branding and community involvement. Partnering with our Human Resources and Talent Acquisition team members to attract colleagues is also a critical piece of the role.
- Partner with leaders to identify high impact projects and rotations that align with strategic priorities
- Develop and define functional tracks for rotations -- to be reviewed and updated annually
- Plan rotations for each participant based on functional tracks, career discussions and feedback from managers
- Partner with managers to build detailed rotation plans (goals, learning plans, system access, etc.)
- Partner with finance to manage the program budget/forecasting
- Identify opportunities for continuous program improvements to enhance program impact and manager/participant satisfaction
- Build and manage technology Internship program
- Manage participant on-boarding to Technology (Approx. -- 30 days in duration), including detailed overviews of technology/technology operations, basic technical skills, job shadowing, and Business Partner interaction
- Partner with corporate learning to build competency based/technical training to be incorporated into on-boarding and regular development opportunities for participants
- Identify development opportunities for program participants/ managers, partner with HR to address development needs
- Assess performance through regular interaction with participants and managers. Provide timely feedback to ensure expected program/participant impact is delivered.
- Coach TEC's on development opportunities, and the transition from College/University to corporate environment
- Lead mentoring programs, including mentor identification, pairing, and ongoing mentor/mentee interaction
- Partner with Human Resources to develop on campus recruiting strategy for Technology
- Assist with marketing the program both internally and externally, partnering with Talent Acquisition using traditional/non-conventional campus recruiting methods
- Lead program communications to all relevant stakeholders, including program rebranding effort
- Oversee development/maintenance of Program SharePoint Page
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to enhance Technology/Program community Involvement through Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM) initiatives/partnerships (Michigan Council for Women in Technology, Girls who Code, etc.)
Travel is required of this position up to 10% of time.
Relocation is not available for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and 7 years of related experience
- 5 years of experience with leadership development, facilitation, design, program management, and evaluation
- 3 years of leadership experience in the Leadership Development and Talent Assessment fields, with extensive experience in the areas of: job analysis, behavioral assessment and selection, and performance management.
- 2 years of experience in collaborating with or consulting to senior-level leaders
Work Schedule 8am to 5pm.