Job ID 3024228
The Employee Communications Strategist is a senior communications professional with a keen eye for delivering communications that are compelling, easy to understand, aligned with our business, and inspire employees to deliver in the HP Way.
This role is a member of the Employee Communications team, a core part of the Employee Experience team, which sits within HR. Employee Experience collaborates with stakeholders to shape, validate, and deliver integrated experiences that unleash employees’ energy and potential throughout their HP journeys—ultimately driving business success.
Employee Communications strategists consult with business units and functional teams including Print, Personal Systems, 3D Printing, HR, Legal, Real Estate, IT, and others who deliver services and experiences to employees. With this insight, we are able to represent all of HP with the right mix of consistency and local flavor.
We also help HP’s 55,000 employees in more than 60 countries internalize HP’s vision, mission, strategy, and business priorities. Our communications inspire employees to connect with and contribute to the HP Way, and to feel pride in the products they help create and deliver to our customers.
Key areas of responsibility
- Creates and executes communications plans that align to company strategy and culture. Equally adept at both strategic and tactical aspects of communication, including measurement.
- Takes a big-picture perspective, with the ability to link programs, activities, and communications in ways that support a cohesive employee experience and help shape the culture.
- Keeps employees at the center to ensure communications are relevant and accessible, testing messages and using employees’ perspectives to improve the outcomes.
- Serves as a trusted adviser on business initiatives, whether routine, sensitive, or confidential.
- Builds and fosters collaborative relationships with stakeholders across the company to drive connection and coordination across communications.
Reporting and management line
This role reports to the Strategy & Content Lead, and leads others primarily through influence.
With 10+ years of combined experience in corporate communications and/or employee communication roles, this individual demonstrates:
- Passion for employee communications and the overall employee experience.
- Deep knowledge of employee communications strategy, tools, and vehicles.
- An ability to write and edit in a variety of styles and formats in a way that is engaging, clear, grammatically correct, and actionable.
- An understanding of best practices in building internal social communities.
- Effectiveness at working in a cross-functional, team-based environment with stakeholders and influencers across different levels and areas of responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to lead through influence.
- Excellence in process development and systems thinking.
- Experience in managing change, preferably including communications for mergers and acquisitions and organizational changes.
- Business acumen and understanding of global public technology companies.
- A desire to bring creativity, curiosity, and innovative thinking to everything they do.
- Flexibility, a sense of humor, and adaptability to change.