The NI Communications team is seeking a Senior Leader of Employee Communications to create compelling communication strategies to help connect employees to the company, culture, and one another. This senior professional is a consultative business partner who will manage a team responsible for creating effective employee communications strategies so the company can reach its strategic and financial goals.
- Manage a team of communications business partner (consultative) professionals including setting goals, managing performance, and providing ongoing coaching and feedback on the team’s work and long-term development
- Drive global company employee communication strategy working with the CEO and executive team
- Develop integrated communication plans for project implementation and business updates
- Responsible for driving the cross functional recommendation of content for company forums (CM, QBD, QBU); includes inputs from the functional comms team
- Craft key messages and use storytelling techniques to simplify complex topics for a diverse global audience
- Collaborate with the employee communications enablement team to select, improve and create communication channels, which effectively reach the target audience and optimize message resonance
- Collaborate with geographical comms mgr to ensure communications cascade to global audience
- Drive an innovative team culture to implement communication best practices and stay up on ongoing trends
- Partner to ensure effective change management efforts across the company related to communications
- Experience managing and leading people both junior and experienced
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university plus 10 years’ experience in communications or HR field OR Master’s degree plus 6 years’ experience
- Ability to provide authorization to work on a full-time basis in the United States (NI does NOT sponsor)
- Experience developing integrated communication plans for project implementation, organizational announcements, and business updates
- Ability to communicate with strong English skills over a variety of mediums, written and verbal to various levels of stakeholder from individual contributor to executives.
- Strong storyteller and ability to translate business objectives into compelling narratives.
- Experience working with and influencing executives.
- Proven track record of navigating the organization and producing results despite ambiguity.
- Technical aptitude/history utilizing communication tools like Jive, PowerPoint, Microsoft Sharepoint, Skype for Business, etc. and willingness to embrace new technologies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – specifically PowerPoint.