We’re seeking a strong communications professional with experience driving employee communications in a fast-paced, diverse workplace. The Employee Communications Lead develops and implements creative employee communications programs that engage, align, and inspire Workmates around our values, vision, and priorities. This innovative individual will have a great sense of humor and thrive in a highly dynamic environment. Ready to learn more?
- Drive a strategic employee communications program for the office of the chief operating officer (COO), which has global responsibility for ensuring the operational excellence of Workday’s business process and practices.
- Work hands-on with the team to plan, write, edit, and distribute a variety of different communication materials.
- Partner with the COO and other senior executives to develop messaging and presentations for company updates, key initiatives, industry issues, and other topics.
- Collaborate with IT to identify, leverage, and integrate technology that will increase the effectiveness and timeliness of employee communications.
- Establish and track metrics that show the impact of employee communications and programs on employee engagement, productivity, and organization performance.
- Help cultivate and grow the brand voice of Workday, leveraging humor and fun to engage and inform – working closely with Marketing to ensure a consistent brand experience.
- Partner tightly with the other organizations within Corporate Communications and Marketing to ensure tight alignment of messages and narratives.
- Proven success developing and executing strategic employee communications across a variety of channels.
- At least 12 years working in corporate communications and marketing, including employee communications experience, preferably in a fast-paced, high-tech company.
- Established track record collaborating with and proactively supporting senior leaders on communications strategies and best practices; client service mindset and consultative approach.
- Ability to distill complex information into clear, concise messaging; ability to write in a simple, direct, warm and friendly tone.
- High degree of flexibility, with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills; ability to write for a broad spectrum of multi-media communications channels.
- Experience with change management and communicating key initiatives across multiple internal target audiences.
- Innovative mindset – always looking for ways to improve how Workday communicates with and engages employees.
- Experience with event production and support is preferred.
- Technology industry expertise, with specific knowledge and experience in the software market, is favorable but not required.
- Bachelor's degree.