About the Role
One of the largest regional brokers in southern New England is expanding its benefits operations. Brick by brick they are making very intentional moves which includes this role, Employee Benefits Risk Advisor. Headquartered in Connecticut, with a substantial client portfolio already in western Massachusetts, you continue their growth eastward while also representing a physical presence that strengthens the firm’s brand recognition.
Skills & Experience
As a successful employee benefits professional, you can choose to work for any agency. Here’s why you might consider bringing your talents to this company.
- You are the first Employee Benefits Producer working remotely from Massachusetts with the goal of increasing the portfolio by 25-30% in the near future. It’s a breakout, ground floor operation if you’re into that entrepreneurial sort of thing.
- The agency has a producer centric model. They are a transparent sales organization with accessible, involved, and supporting executive leaders. They have a culture of caring for stakeholders. They offer great internal support (from compliance and legal to underwriting and wellbeing). They understand how a lot of large brokers only focus on profitability & margins to the detriment of supporting your network development and lead generation. They want to help you take care of clients at the point of sale and into the future.
- You’re not on an island starting the entire EB group from scratch. A substantial portion of the agency’s entire portfolio is benefits driven; you can tap into well-established marketing, resource, and service teams in the home office (just an hour away in Hartford).
- You’ll partner with the Managing Practice Leader and Service Leaders to form a team-based sales model that will serve you both well when promoting a full-service platform to prospects.
We’d love to have a confidential conversation about your insurance/benefits industry sales success to see if this is a good fit. Hopefully, some of this agency’s talking points resonate with your career aspirations.
- High performing sales team, working together to build a special culture that’s rewarding for every employee
- An appreciation for the value of independence, organic growth, and perpetuation
- Growing a book together is better than doing it on your own
- There’s plenty of business to capture in Massachusetts & all of New England; relationship driven, community-based, consultative sales approach
Target compensation of $125k-$150k base salary (depending on experience) moving to higher compensation through ongoing (new and renewal) commissions on new business production once validated.