We are seeking a Regional Sales Director with 8 - 10 years of sales experience in the employee voluntary benefits and/or HR services industry. With a focus on our client's target broker customer, the primary objective of this role is to identify, attract and activate new broker relationships. Previous experience as an insurance broker relationships is highly preferred.
Employee Benefits Regional Sales Director Duties
- Responsible for attaining and/or exceeding all sales objectives and department goals
- Goals include generating new broker relationships and activating these relationships by bringing in new employer clients through brokers.
- Motivate and train brokers on our client's program to foster excitement about our program
- The ability to translate features into benefits to the broker and potential employer client
- Penetrate new broker segments and relationships on an ongoing basis
- Enthusiastically and accurate sell this unique voluntary employee benefit program to prospective broker clients
- May also pursue direct employer clients if the opportunities arise
- Travel estimated at 50 – 75%
Employee Benefits Regional Sales Director Requirements
- Strong selling, interpersonal and relationship cultivation skills
- Several years of experience selling employee benefits to medium-large organizations either directly or through insurance brokers.
- Ability to conceptualize and sell ideas internally and externally. Innovation and the ability to gain consensus is necessary.
- Solid strategic, negotiation and presentation skills
- Background in sales, cold calling and presenting to new prospects
- Superior relationship building skills; Excellent written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated results from relationship management and selling skills
- Willingness to travel within NorthWest territory
- Bachelor's degree required
Candidate must reside in the Seattle, Portland or Phoenix area.