· Company is seeking an experienced EMI/TEMPEST Engineer with a strong background in TEMPEST.
· Experience with High Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse (HEMP) and Lightning is also desirable.
· As a senior member of the EMI/TEMPEST team the candidate will perform EMI and TEMPEST design, analysis and testing tasks for a wide variety of tactical communications systems and ruggedized communications and computer equipment for military applications.
· Products range from tabletop subsystems to large complex vehicular systems.
TEMPEST Engineer tasks include:
· Review of customer requirement specifications for TEMPEST requirements for new product proposals
· Participate in design reviews and provide detailed, cost effective, TEMPEST design guidance required for compliance with TEMPEST standards
· Work closely with product development teams for qualification of products to NSTISSAM TEMPEST/1-92, CNSSAM TEMPEST 01-02, and CNSSAM TEMPEST/1-13
· As a CTP, or under supervision of a CTP, perform TEMPEST testing
· Troubleshoot problems as needed and recommend cost effective solutions with minimal design impact
· Prepare TEMPEST Control Plans, Test plans and Test reports
· EMI/EMC tasks include:
· Review of customer requirement specifications for EMI/EMC requirements for new product proposals
· Prepare EMC Control Plans and participate in design reviews to provide detailed design guidance on filters, shielding of ventilation, gaskets, transient protection needs, cable shielding, etc.
· Provide cost effective design guidance needed for compliance with military EMI/EMC standards.
· Determine the need for transient protection for electromagnetic threats including HEMP, Lightning, MIL-STD-1275, Directed Energy weapons, etc.
· Use Electromagnetic modeling tools such as FEKO, CTS, etc. in support of EMI/HEMP/Lightning design
· Perform EMI testing and troubleshoot EMI problems as needed and recommend cost effective solutions with minimal design impact
· Prepare EMI test plans and reports
Required skills include:
· Ability to provide detailed EMI and TEMPEST design guidance
· Familiarity with military EMI/EMC standards including MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464, etc
· Perform testing in accordance with MIL-STD-461
· Familiar with TEMPEST/1-92 and CNSSAM TEMPEST 01-02 measurements and testing
· Familiarity with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, EMI/TEMPEST receivers, Spectrum and Network analyzers, etc.
· Familiarity with test equipment control programs such as HPVEE and/or TILE
· Candidate must be able to work independently, communicate clearly and effectively with internal employees and customers
· Candidate must be a Certified TEMPEST Professional (CTP) or have the background to apply and obtain certification
· Demonstrated mastery of practical engineering application
· Certified TEMPEST Professional (CTP) is preferred. Non-CTP candidates should have the background to apply for and obtain certification
· Design experience with High Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse (HEMP) and Lightning.
· Department of Defense Secret clearance required at time of hire.
· The selected candidate must be able to obtain a Top Secret within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire.
· Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government securityinvestigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
· Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required