Under general direction in a research and development environment, the Scientist IV will apply accepted scientific methods and devise new scientific approaches to complex problems encountered and apply specialized scientific knowledge and skills to develop specific solutions. In this position advanced electromagnetic modeling software (ANYSY HFSS, CST Microwave Studio, Keysight ADS) will be used to model systems and evaluate EMI/EMC performance. This position will also require testing and characterization of advanced EMI/EMC solutions including shielding, absorbers, etc. Knowledge and experience with network and spectrum analyzers is a strong plus.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts scientific investigations requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of scientific techniques, procedures, and approaches to support current products and/or new product development.
- Coordinates interdepartmental activities and research efforts. Researches, investigates and proposes technical solutions for projects.
- Applies complex scientific analysis techniques and practices within their specialty.
- Establishes and maintains productive internal and external relationships with manufacturing, engineering, marketing, and technology groups enabling a proactive response to market changes and/or customer demands.
- Actively participates on multi-disciplinary product development teams and may lead smaller teams with specialized focus.
- Provides guidance and training for laboratory personnel, including Scientists.
- Presents results of studies/experiments effectively and responds to questions from group/team.
- Prepares accurate and concise reports regarding studies performed and assists with the preparation of comprehensive reports including recommendations for new product formulations and procedures.
- Maintains a safe and healthy laboratory environment.
- Personal computer skills such as MICROSOFT OFFICE and relational database.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a Team environment
- Ability to work with only general guidance from management
- Ability to lead teams and sub-teams toward over-all project objectives
- Demonstrated understanding of most new product development processes and work flow
- Working knowledge of most SBU product lines, detailed knowledge of several
- Basic knowledge in most technical areas, fluent in one.
Education & Experience Request
- Bachelor’s Degree in Scientific field (Master’s DegreePreferred)
- 8+ years of experience