EMI / EMC
Job Title: EMI/ EMC
Location : Lake Forest, CA
Job Discription:(Please Ignore if not good match)
Assist R&D in expeditious approval of surgical medical devices in the global markets through the testing and certification of Alcon product to the EMC and Wireless requirements
· Utilize EMI/EMC hardware and software (EMScan, EMIStream) on the earlier stages of product development (PCB level)
· Perform EMI/EMC testing and troubleshooting of Alcon product in Alcon EMC lab.
· Take product to outside lab to perform qualification tests and certification.
· Ensure requirements of EMC and Wireless standards are met for product development process.
· Communicate periodic status and known risks (with proposed solutions) on the projects.
· Ensures the safety, reliability, and cleaning of the Alcon EMC lab and all its equipment.
· Maintain and update as necessary lab equipment, calibration and testing capabilities (in EMC & Safety labs) to satisfy the current internal and external (audit) requirements.
i. equipment calibration and verification prior to the test.
ii. update EMC/EMI software of test equipment.
iii. perform validation of test software.
iv. maintain EMC/Safety test equipment calibration list.
· Generates test reports
· Achieve all managerial and administrative obligations in keeping with SIR&D and corporate policies, procedures and expectations
· Bachelor of Science in ElectricalEngineering (BSEE).
· 5+ years of experience with EMC testing of electrical equipment and certification of wireless devices. Experience with Product Safety testing requirements is a plus.
· Experience with EMC test equipment is required.
· Familiar of IEC 60601-1-2 medical EMC standard.
· Knowledge of the requirements of FCC, IC, ETSI standards for wireless devices.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills