EMI / EMC Engineer
We are looking for EMI / EMC Engineer for our client in Lake Forest, CA
Job Title: EMI / EMC Engineer
Job Location: ????Lake Forest, CA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Experience Level (Years) 5
EMI/EMC engineer shall:
- Utilize EMI/EMC hardware and software (EMScan, EMIStream) on the earlier stages of product development (PCB level)
- Perform EMI/EMC testing and troubleshooting of Medical product in customer?s EMC lab.
- Take product to outside lab to perform qualification tests and certification.
- Ensure requirements of EMC and Wireless standards are met for product development process.
- Communicate periodic status and known risks (with proposed solutions) on the projects.
- Ensures the safety, reliability, and cleaning of the EMC lab and all its equipment.
- Maintain and update as necessary lab equipment, calibration and testing capabilities (in EMC & Safety labs) to satisfy the current internal and external (audit) requirements.
- equipment calibration and verification prior to the test.
- update EMC/EMI software of test equipment.
- perform validation of test software.
- maintain EMC/Safety test equipment calibration list.
- Generates test reports
- 5+ years of experience with EMC testing of electrical equipment and certification of wireless devices. Experience with Product Safety testing requirements is a plus.
- Experience with EMC test equipment is required.
- Familiar of IEC 60601-1-2 medical EMC standard.
- Knowledge of the requirements of FCC, IC, ETSI standards for wireless devices.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Achieve all managerial and administrative obligations in keeping with SIR&D and corporate policies, procedures and expectations
- Demonstrated initiative; results oriented;
- Ability to communicate effectively in multi-discipline environment, and cross cultures and level of organization
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills; including experience in writing and presentation skills
- Bachelor of Science in ElectricalEngineering (BSEE)