- EMI/EMC engineer will lead assigned program projects and be responsible for the complete compliance process including technical, cost, and schedule performance.
- Review and translate high level EMI/EMC requirements to the system and circuit level.
- Support the design efforts to meet specified product performance for all aspects of Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) compliance, including EMI/EMC/EME/ESD/EMP and lightning.
- Develop simulation models for the analysis of interference coupling mechanisms, shielding integrity, and circuit/cable interface isolation to mitigate and control conducted/radiated emissions and susceptibility threats.
- Create control plans, guidelines, test procedures, and test reports.
- Design EMI/EMC compliance testing methodologies, test setup, and supervise their constructions and checkout.
- Support and provide technical coordination of the successful execution of EMI/EMC development and certification testing.
- The chosen candidate must have knowledge of EMI/EMC testing. System and circuit design experience and the ability to work effectively with systems and circuit groups is a plus.
- The individual should be a self-starter, versatile, problem solver, and have a willingness to work as part of a team; must be willing to travel occasionally and to move to other locations within the corporation in order to assist in troubleshooting efforts, attend design review meetings, and work off-shift hours if necessary.
- Experience in EMI/EMC compliance engineering including testing
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience in the areas of design and risk mitigation, test, and project management
- Experience working with LT Spice (or equivalent) analytical models for radiated electrical fields
- Experience with lab test equipment including receivers, spectrum analyzers, generators, amplifiers and antennas
- Technical knowledge of product qualification testing
- Knowledge of MIL-STD’s 461/464/704 and DO-160 (or equivalent commercial standards)
- Mathematical background and analytical simulation experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, and Visio