The Sr. Manager of Mobile Innovation leads forward thinking around new mobiletechnologies and how we can utilize them across our portfolio of retail brands. This role will focus on the future of mobiletechnology, and work with tech partners, startups and vendor partners to understand capabilities and functionalities that enable us to build new, best-in-class experiences for our brands that accelerates the business, both digitally and in-stores, all through the mobile device. This is a strategically focused role that understands how to leverage technology which works closely with IS&T to build and test new programs.
- Partners withtechnology vendors to stay abreast of the latest in immersive technologies (augmented reality, virtual reality, mixed reality). Acts as the resident expert who understands how the technology works, who the key vendors are in the space, how to measure success through the experiences, and how to scale the technologies across our portfolio of brands.
- Works cross-functionally with the IS&T / Data team to develop and test strategies around image and voice search.
- Drives mobile payments strategies. Understands how mobile payment technology works across devices and payment providers, both on the mobile device and in-stores, then works with the mobile and web product and retail payments teams to prioritize the integration and updates to current mobile payment functionalities.
- Works with the mobile app strategy and product teams to build business cases for the integration and use of new mobiletechnologies (such as AR, VR, MR, IR) into the mobile apps.
- Relentlessly partners with brand services, brand marketing, retail, real estate, IS&T and customer experience teams to strategize on how mobiletechnologies can elevate the in-store experience for our customers and associates, especially in the ‘store of the future’, including everything from immersive tech to beacons to mobile payments and beyond.
- Co-manages (in partnership with the brand services teams) vendor partner mobile programs. Works closely with the vendor partners to plan programs that utilize new technologies in current and new programs.
- Stays up-to-date with mobile device technologies and how they evolve. Partners with the mobile product and development teams to ensure the mobile products being created are built to take advantage of technological advances.
- Regularly meets with and informs mobile team leadership on research, projects, and upcoming tech releases so roadmaps can be built and updated accordingly.
- Develops a regular cadence of sharing knowledge and bringing others along with new and changing technologies and vendor relationships.
- Responsible for training, coaching and mentoring Innovation Managers and provides leadership and strategic direction for the team. Owns team career pathing and development of succession plans.
- Stays up-to-date with knowledge of all brand standards and muses within the Foot Locker, Inc. portfolio.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Business or Marketing; and 6-8years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position requires experience with mobiletechnologies.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret mobile business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.