The successful candidate will create and maintain a body of Gartner research and analysis pertaining to data center and edge network technology trends and relevant prices, communicate it to enterprise clients and support the sales force in sales and retention. This body of research is aimed at providing insight, predictions and actionable advice to enterprise clients.
Day-to-Day Job Functions
*Define and conduct ongoing research and analysis covering the leading vendors who offer the following for use by enterprises:
*Data center network switches and routers
*related network security functionality
*related managed network services
*Perform research by reading, networking with clients, vendors and analysts, evaluating and analyzing information and participating in Research Meetings and other activities which comprise the Gartner research process
*Produce industry/role-specific research geared towards networking and other IT infrastructure professionals. Specify and design vendor and user surveys and questionnaires
*Perform strategic analysis of market, market segment and regional/country trends Multi-segment and sometimes multi-program data analysis. Add value to the research by analysis (which may include triangulation, pattern recognition, application of experience)
*Help develop marketing collateral in conjunction with marketing
*Assist in developing research content
*Hold informal presentations to internal associates
*Maintain contact lists
*Interact with client inquiry specialists to develop understanding of client needs and aid in determination of the appropriate analysts to cover questions
*Answer telephone and email inquiries from clients in covered topic areas
*Create specified volumes of written documentation of research (e. g. Research Notes, Strategic Analysis Reports, Flashes, etc.) in fulfillment of our commitment to clients.
*Create materials for and delivers face-to-face, teleconferenced and taped presentations to clients.
*Provide individualized consulting for clients, which involves presentations regarding Gartner research and findings to individual companies or providing advice to a user or vendor client for a day or two
*Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients via telephone, by making face-to face sales calls with sales personnel and by delivering speeches at "prospectors" (half-day seminars whose purpose is attracting prospective clients)
* Bachelor's degree in related field; Masters (MSEE or MBA) preferred
* Minimum of 10 years’ work experience in relevant corporate organization, particularly:
* Enterprise network architecture including data center networking, SD WAN, NFV/vCPE, and network security.
* Managed network services of same products (e.g., CPE maintenance services, managed SD WAN services, etc.).
* A thorough knowledge of the architectural, technical and supplier landscape is essential, as well as a familiarity with vendor product families
* Applicable experience in networking such as design, business case creation, deployment, change management, performance monitoring and management, customer migration, or transformation highly desirable.
* The candidate’s relevant experience may be either from a user/IT shop or vendor/service provider.
* Strong financial and business acumen, strong attention to detail.
* Basic understanding of market research, data collection and analysis
* Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply.
* Strong time/project management skills.
* A strong team working ethos.
Job ID 00014531