Emergency Response Operations Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Energy & Environmental Services
Superior Environmental Solutions (SES) is a 24-hour industrial cleaning company that provides a variety of plant maintenance and cleaning services to production facilities throughout the Midwest. Founded in 1999, the company now operates 13 locations across Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, Indiana, and Pennsylvania. SES takes great pride in our industry leading safety rating and integrated programs. Our services include industrial cleaning, water blasting, tank cleaning, emergency response, vacuum truck/tanker services, waste management, transportation, and hazardous waste disposal. SES is committed to providing responsive and quality service to manufacturers in an array of industries.
We know that our employees are crucial to the success and strength of our organization, and our in-house and on-going training programs ensure that all SES employees are well educated in OSHA regulations and SES specific operational policies. SES employees are focused on safety and dedicated to exceeding our customer’s expectations in every way.
SES is looking for a dedicated Emergency Response Operations Manager to join our dynamic team at our Corporate Office in Cincinnati, OH.
The EMR Operations Manager will direct operations, dispatch and employee retention and advancement for the Branch or assigned territory.
The EMR Operations Manager will provide high quality "environmental, emergency response and "industrial cleaning service focused on safety and our customer’s needs.
SES offers employees competitive pay and benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation, Holidays, and 401K.
What you will be doing
Key responsibilities and functions may include, but are not limited to:
- Drive change with a focus on safety (goal of zero accidents) and continual improvement.
- Develop and implement operational procedures for safe and efficient execution of all service in compliance with SES and regulatory safety and environmental guidelines.
- Resolve customer complaints, service problems and receivable collections in a timely manner while maintaining/improving customer satisfaction.
- Manage the financial Branch activities; i.e., invoicing and accounts payable.
- Ensure communications within the Branch and between the Branch and Headquarters is fluid, transparent and frequent
- Assure company image is developed and maintained favorably with customers and suppliers.
- Support and assist management in any other function as may be deemed important and necessary for location or division operation.
- Manage an office with as many as 100 employees.
- Manages and directs the dispatch process; i.e., appropriate talented staff, equipment and resources available.
- Ensure employees are working in the most cost effective manner to complete the job/task in the best interest of SEL/SES profitability.
- Act as a safety and environmental champion, lead by example, participate in health, safety and environment activities and arrange the correction of unsafe conditions and facilitate coaching/training of subordinates to change unsafe behaviors
- Ensure employees are fully aware of customer’s on-site rules and regulations, that at all times they are an immediate reflection of their expertise and professionalism as well as that of SES.
EMR Employee Retention and Advancement:
- Ensure employees are complying with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to, adherence to all safety rules or best practices, attendance, substance abuse, theft, willful or neglectful damage to company equipment, uniforms and all company rules and regulations.
- Ensure high performing employee development; i.e., interview potential new hire candidates, assign duties, evaluate employee performance, perform evaluations, resolve personnel issues, motivate and train staff to assure efficiency, continued growth and professional development.
- Ensure documentation relating to job performance, conflicts, training, audits, etc., is completed and forwarded to headquarters according to policy.
- Identify areas of opportunity per employee and team to gain knowledge and skills to meet the needs of a changing customer and service line mix.
- Ensure validity of employee driver’s license and insurability when operating company vehicles.
The Operations Manager will also undertake otherresponsibilities and duties that may be assigned by SES from time to time.
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 5 years in the Environmental and/or Industrial Services industry, preferably in emergency response
- Bachelor’s Degree, a minimum of 3-5 years of managerial experience.
- High ethics and values
- Action-oriented and results-driven
- Customer focused and employee safety attitude
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Excellent oral and written Communications
- Strong background in team building
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.