Memphis, home of the Blues and the birthplace of Rock n’ Roll, is located in the southwestern corner of Tennessee right on the Mississippi River. Downtown Memphis showcases three blocks of nightclubs, restaurants and shopping, and the Beale Street Entertainment District. Great food, original music, professional sports, and world class traveling art exhibits keep Memphians’ activity calendars full. And to top it off, Memphis has one of the lowest urban cost-of-living expenses in the nation.
Be a part of building the foundation of Sound's brand in emergency medicine at Methodist University Hospital, a member of Methodist Healthcare, and play an integral role in establishing our culture for the emergency medicine physician and total patient experience.
You are joining an organization that has proven success in the acute episode of care (hospital medicine, critical care medicine, and transitional care medicine). We are focused on helping you build your emergency medicine career.
Methodist University Hospital is recognized by U.S. World News and World Report as the “Best Regional Hospital” & “High Performing in 7 Categories” and has the busiest comprehensive stroke center in the United States. This is a principle teaching hospital of The University of Tennessee Health Science Center with an ACGME approved EM residency (started in 2015 - 6 residents per class).
- 617 bed hospital with brand new 50 bed ED
- 65,000 ED Volume
- 67 hours of physician coverage and 36 hours of APP coverage
- Certified Chest Pain Center
- Bedside Ultrasound; CT/Ultrasound 24/7
- Physicians do a great deal of procedures
- Non-core faculty opportunities available (NO RESEARCH RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Excellent medical staff
- Scribe coverage
- Cerner EMR
- Multiple admitting services
- Independent contractor status
- Competitive compensation (guaranteed hourly rate) and Malpractice & tail paid by Sound Physicians