Not Specified years
Posted 150 days ago
Baystate Health is seeking a Emergency Medicine Physician with a passion for community medicine to join our team. This position is based primarily at Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer MA, with occasional shifts at nearby Baystate Mary Lane ED in Ware MA. Close integration with Baystate Medical Center means our patients and providers have a vast team of academic generalists and specialists at their fingertips. We offer an amazing, diverse culture that provides outstanding opportunities for physicians and advanced practice providers tostart or advance their career.
This opportunity features:
• Practice in a tight-knit community hospital setting in a beautiful region of western Massachusetts.
• Strong clinical and financial support from Baystate Medical Center / UMass Medical Schooljust 20 minutes away. BMC is the regions' only level 1 trauma center and offers excellent specialty support. Strong central leadership provides excellent support and resources for our community teams. 4-hospital, 5 emergency departments collectively handle 208,000 visits annually.
• Collegial and supportive team of EM physicians, advanced practitioners and staff who highly value a team-based environment. APs run our fast track.
• Baystate Wing Hospital is opening its completely renovated ED in September 2018. New construction will expand the ED to 24 bays, allowing us to manage 32,000+ visits.
• Occasional coverage at Baystate Mary Lane ED, 15 minutes away. BML sees 16,000 patient visits annually.
Qualified applicants will be BC/BE in emergency medicine with a strong commitment tocommunity medicine and outstanding evidence-based patient care.
The Pioneer Valley is a thriving area located in western Massachusetts and provides extensive access to urban, suburban and rural amenities. Anchored by the city of Springfield, our region boasts a myriad of opportunities for recreation, music, education and art enthusiasts. When you live and work in the Pioneer Valley, you will enjoy picturesque four-season living, excellent schools and year-round social and cultural events. In fact, Massachusetts was once again ranked #1 in Education nationally by U.S. News and World Report.