Supports Agency planning for Emergency Management (EM) which includes all-hazard Emergency Preparedness (EP), Antiterrorism/Force Protection (AT/FP), Land Mobile Radio (LMR), Continuity of Operations and Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and High-Yield Explosive (CBRNE). Interprets government regulations and applicable codes, and advises government management on the best course of action to ensure compliance. Develops programs, procedures and contingency plans based on a risk approach and proposes solutions that monitor, evaluate and enable resolution to safeguard the workforce, reduce property loss, and support customer continuity. Through all-hazards mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery program efforts, EM orchestrates unity of effort across customer organization to safeguard the workforce, reduce property loss, and support mission continuity. Prepares and conducts briefings and overviews to educate personnel and submits position and information papers in response to government requirements. Reaches out to identify opportunities for internal and external partnership development and supports/maintains information-sharing relationships. Identifies best practices, benchmarks and lessons learned across the EM discipline and makes continuous improvements to EM programs, procedures and capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience within a related field
- Experience in three or more areas of All-Hazards EP, LMR Program, CBRNE, Crisis Management, Strategic EM, CBRNE or Antiterrorism/Force Protection (AT/FP) Planning and Policy, Participation in EM or Continuity of Operations exercises, and/or Participation in national or DoD level homeland security EM or Mission Assurance exercises.
- Certification from FEMA for Incident Command System (ICS) training (e.g., ICS-100/200/300/400/700/800)
- Completed minimum of NIMS ICS 300 level training with 7-10 years’ experience applying NIMS ICS principles within an active incident response structure.
- FEMA Level 1 (PCP) Certification
- Test, Training and Exercise (TT&E) experience/Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Programs (HSEEP) experience required
- Industry certification from International Association of Emergency Management (IAEM) desired.
Job ID 2018-1627