The primary purpose of this position is: Develops, updates, and coordinates the Installation Emergency Management Plan (IEMP) 10-2. Analyzes, reconciles, compiles and correlates differences in approaches and identifies capability shortfalls and limitations. Develops and maintains applicable EOC quick reaction checklists (QRCs) in support of the IEMP 10-2. Recommends courses of actions to the Emergency Management Program Manager. Provides training in applicable Emergency Management training courses IAW AFI 10-2501. Operates as Emergency Support Function (ESF) 5 and the Alternate Emergency Operations Center Manager. Responds to major accidents and hazardours material spills and provide sampling and advice to the incident commander. Receives, reviews, maintains, and reports appropriate emergency operations data and information for response activities before, during, and after natural disasters events, and/or civil disturbances and man-made/technological disasters.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Develops, updates, and coordinates the Installation Emergency Management Plan (IEMP) 10-2.
2. Develop, review and update wing emergency response plans. Reviews and provides guidance to units on unit specific checklists to support wing plans
3. Prepares lesson plans, schedules, and conducts training courses listed in AFI 10-2501, Emergency Management Program Planning and Operations using excellent communication skills specifically the ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audiences.
4. Conducts Emergency Management Staff Assistance Visits to provide continuity of Emergency Management program throughout base.
5. Receives reviews, maintains, and reports appropriate emergency operations data and information for response activities before, during, and after natural disasters events, and/or civil disturbances and man-made/technological disasters.
6. Ensures installation Risk/Hazard/EM vulnerability assessments are performed annually.
7. Responds in Personnel Protective Equipment to Hazardous Material incidents, use sampling or detection equipment provided.
8. Participates as a member of the emergency operations center (EOC) as needed. Provides training to other EOC members as required.
9. Research Emergency Management related instruction to be familiar with Air Force Instruction 10-2501, Emergency Management Programs Planning and Operations, and be able to perform and train on functions related to this instruction.
10. Requires stand-by duty; must have the ability to respond within 15 minutes during duty hours and 45 minutes during non-duty hours after notification.
11. Performs other duties and assignments as required.
Education/Certification: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.