We are looking for EMC NetWorker Backup Engineer for our client in Englewood, CO
Job Title: EMC NetWorker Backup Engineer
Job Location: Englewood, CO
Job Type: Contract 12 months
- Adhering to SLAs
- Reporting to the Track Lead
- Mentoring / Training Team Members
- Assign tasks to the team members
- Monitor team members and their SLAs
- Configuration Management
- Handling tickets / requests
- Perform root cause analysis
- Troubleshooting technical issues
- Defining processes and ensuring that the processes are adhered to
- Oversees and is responsible for successful completion of Installation, configuration and migration
- Ensure maximum uptime according to the SLA
- Understanding of Multi-geo support environment
- Responsible for building / maintaining a test environment
- Responsible for strategizing a backup plan and test plan for failure scenario
- Improves and maintains customer and employee satisfaction
- Suggests new technologies and design changes
- Monitoring and maintaining SLA requirements by the team members
- Planning Backup/Restoration Strategy for 24x7 operation support
- Suggesting patches/upgrades to maintain security level
- Testing / Auditing/processes as required from time to time
- Identify Skill gaps and plan for training / knowledge updating
- Assist in Data centre consolidation efforts
- Perform H/W & performance monitoring and maintenance
- Rebuilding the Crashed Legato Networker Master Server.
- Recovering the Corrupt media and Index Data Base (Backup catalog).
- Installation and designing Legato Networker software on Server and Client for Multiple Operating systems.
- Planning and Designing the backup operations
- Installation and Configuration the storage node.
- Configuring Backup resources.
- Manage backup schedule and tape information.
- Troubleshooting and handling Configuration Jukebox, LTO Library and DLT
- Working experience on tape library from different vendors like Quantum,IBM,HP,Dell etc.
- Browsable and Save Set Recovery and troubleshooting.
- Networker Database Management.
- Cloning and Staging.
- Managing and Configuring Online/HOT SAP, SQL, Exchange and Oracle backup.
- Configuring and Handling VTL tape library and Data Domain for backups.
- Configuring and Managing BCV Backups and Snap Based backups for Oracle and Exchange Databases.
- Installation and Configuration and Troubleshooting of Lotus Notes Backups through NML and NMDA.
- Configuring and Managing NDMP Backups and Restores
- DPA Reporting and Management.
- Successfully Manage and Performs Account related Audits.
- Good Experience on Networker Existing/Newly/Outdated Versions 7.2.x to 7.6.x and Newly version 8.X and 9.X
- Having Experience on Implementing Networker 9 in one of the environment.
- Manage DR-DRILL test.
- Provide the KT to Team Members on Legato Networker on Day to Day operations.
- Analyze Problems & escalate to appropriate Levels.
- Hardware /software fault detection and vendor coordination and Operating system related issue
- Generating different kind of backup reports and sending to customer.
- Should have Strong Knowledge about NDMP backups
- Configuring/Managing VMware backups
- Configure and manage application database backup (SQL, Oracle, SAP etc.)
- Exclusion and inclusion lists
- Data Domin Administration
- DD boost knowledge
- Responsible for capacity planning and performance analysis of backup and recovery infrastructure.
- Should have Strong Knowledge De-duplication & VTL's Backup performance monitoring & optimization
- Capacity utilization
- Incident Management + Change Management (Planning & Execution)
- Process adherence & Security compliance
- KB preparation and review, Knowledge sharing & documentation
- Root cause analysis / Problem Management + Capacity / Architectural Management
- Knowledge of DPA
- Excellent communication and conversation skills (Verbal and Written)
- Good documentation skills
- Good working knowledge of MS OFFICE (Including MS Project and Visio)
- Should have a great customer handling skills
- Able to handle unforeseen situations
- High level of acceptance
- Can drive Client's value and its methodology
Other Skills / Experience:
- Worked on Production systems
- Datacenter understanding
- Global exposure in large environments would be preferred.
- Onsite transition experience would be an added advantage.
Must be an expert in base OS and atleast one/some of the following with basic knowledge/awareness of some of the others:
- Active Directory
- File and Print Services
- Windows Clustering
Years of Experience:
- Total: 8+ Years of experience
- Relevant: Minimum of 5 yrs
Certification requirements/Education requirements:
- Bachelors / Masters / Equivalent