We are looking for Embedded Tester for our client in Brea, CA
Job Title: Embedded Tester
Job Location: Brea, CA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Strong Competency in C.?
- Competency in at least one Assembly Language.?
- Familiarity with U-Boot (from a developer perspective).?
- Strong competency with Linux software development.?
- Strong Familiarity with Linux device Drivers.?
- Strong understanding of I2C, SPI, and MDIO.?
- Fair understanding of digital electronics.?
- Ability to read and understand circuit schematics.?
- Ability to effectively use a Volt/Ohm meter and an Oscilloscope.?
- Ability to effectively use a Logic analyzer.?
- Ability to perform at least basic electronics debugging/troubleshooting.?
- A good understanding of microprocessor internals (mostly the registers).?
- An understanding of memory regions, and their uses (heap, stack, IVT, code).?
- Working knowledge of hexadecimal numbers and hexadecimal math.?
- Excellent knowledge of what interrupts are and how they work in code.?
- An understanding of the different kinds of memory (RAM, ROM, Flash), the differences between them and how they are read, written, accessed.?
- Ability to use a debugger to perform at least simple operations such as setting breakpoints, single stepping, examining variable values, examining memory, examining registers - and understanding the when to enable and disable interrupts when single stepping using a debugger.?
- Ability to debug multi-tasking code.?
- The ability to read and understand datasheets, and produce driver code for a given device based on the information contained in its datasheet.?
- How to develop and debug code for peripherals such as UARTs, A/D & D/A converters, timers, PWM generation from a timer, real-time clocks, etc.?
- A good understanding of DMA (Direct Memory Access), and how to implement it for systems which have DMA capability.