As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
Whether you love conception, development, installation or compliance, our Embedded Test Software Engineers enjoy testing of Garmin products by conceiving and developing manual and automated tests to verify that product software has effective behavior and meets system and software requirements.
These professionals will work with product development teams to perform requirements validation, software validation and testing, and develop test infrastructure to assist in software development and test. You’ll have the opportunity to create, execute and refine requirements based manual software test procedures and automated unit level and module level software test drivers. Other key responsibilities for this role include:
- Analyze test results and users’ feedback, and communicate with product development teams to assist in problem resolution
- Participate in selection and deployment of software quality related tools and procedures
- Train new team members as assigned
- May create and review software certification documentation according to RTCA DO-178B standards (for aviation positions only)
Qualified candidates for this role will possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a field relevant to Garmin’s business needs for this role and a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA, or 4 years work experience performing a role substantially similar to the essential functions of this job description.
Experience and/or training in high level computer languages such as C/C++ and scripting languages relevant to Garmin’s business needs and proven experience exercising sound independent judgment are also key requirements. Other required qualifications include:
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills with keen attention to detail and quality
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others.
Candidates with previous work related experience in developing and writing test scripts for software validation purposes or development of automated test drivers relevant to Garmin’s business needs are preferred. Experience in testing embedded devices in one of Garmin’s core product markets (Aviation, Automotive, Mobile, Marine, OEM, Fitness, Outdoor & Recreation), and/or a pilot license, RTCA DO 178B certification knowledge, and/or C/C++ software development experience are also desirable.
Our benefits, designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life, keep us competitive and allow our associates to make their own decisions about their well-being and future. We offer a choice of healthcare plans—with low or no premiums—which consistently rank in the 90th percentile when compared to other high-tech employers, plus dental and vision plans for you and your family. In addition, our financial benefits rate 82% above the median for technology companies comparable in size. Our 401K retirement plan provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount.