And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As a Hardware test engineer on the V&V team, you will participate in requirements engineering, develop hardware verification and validation plans, develop test cases, design/build test fixtures, execute tests and document results to validate components and systems.
What You'll Do
- Testing software/firmware on microcontrollers and computer systems that work with cameras, lidar, radar, and other sensors.
- Debugging & failure analysis of complex hardware-software interactions
- Create methods for stress-testing PCBs
- Develop test cases to validate hardware/software integration
- Develop tools and methods to automate testing for rapid deployment
- Programming & debugging in C-like languages, and developing test scripts in high-level languages like Python, LabView or Matlab.
- Present reports, document your work, and prioritize tasks on your own
What You'll Need
- Creative problem solving
- Good experience with Linux command-line & shell scripts
- Embedded software testing experience
- Broad general EE knowledge
- Ability to design, build and maintain tests for custom hardware
- BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering or a related field and 5 years of work experience, or an Advanced degree (Masters, Ph.D.) in Electrical/Computer Engineering or a related field and 3 years of relevant work experience.
Bonus Points If
- Experience with safety-critical hardware systems and components
- Understanding of automotive applications and standards
- Experience in agile project environments
- CAN bus vehicle standard familiarity
- FPGA experience
- Experience debugging problems with communication data links
- Ability to design, build and maintain electrical test fixtures