Nemedio is looking for an Embedded Systems Engineer who will help us reinvent the way that medical devices are brought to market. In this role, you’ll be responsible for developing software that will be used to power the medical devices that save lives in operating rooms, doctors’ offices, and people’s homes.
The ideal candidate will be experienced, systems-oriented, have a strong understanding of C++ semantics in the context of resource constrained (embedded) systems, and be excited about figuring out how to apply them to solve our customers’ unique challenges.
- 3 to 5 years of experience
- Comfortable with C++ (using version 0x17)
- Solid ability to develop software interfaces to underlying hardware
- Solid knowledge of networking between devices: TCP, UDP, PCIe, etc.
- Working knowledge in managing merges, release cycles, and automated regression tests
- Understanding of Agile Development practice
Nice to have
- Degree in Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience using ROS
- Experience in a fast-paced high growth B2B startup
- Proven track record in developing efficient systems and identifying areas of process optimization
- Experience working on projects in the medical field (pharma, med device, patient side, health-tech, HIPAA compliant apps, etc)
- Experience with medical device related standards (such as IEC 62304, ISO 14971), Automotive, or aviation standards
Responsibilities will include
- Designing and Implementing new embedded real-time system features and functionality
- Debugging electronics and software on new and existing products
- Help mentor new clients in developing new systems using our embedded API
- Support the embedded software development team with testing and other development tasks
- Assisting in identifying problems and related solutions in our embedded system API
- Helping demonstrate our embedded system capabilities to clients
- Participating in code reviews
- Driving development of automated system testing and verification activities