$80K — $100K *
As an Embedded Systems Engineer, you will contribute in design, development and testing of the IoT tracking devices. You will work with Firmware and Software Engineers to learn about the device specifications in order to do the module and system level development.
● Translate system requirements into design specification. Develop firmware applications within constraints of small, low-power systems operating in a challenging environment
● Develop tracking and sensor telemetry applications for real-time Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWAN) or Cellular IoT networks
● Participate in technical reviews for design and implementation for deployment and support processes.
● Develop a test-plan to verify the firmware and end-to-end connectivity of the prototype devices
Authority/ Decision Making
● Working autonomously or having limited access to immediate manager
● Working in a matrix environment
Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
0 - 2 years
Skills and Knowledge
● Creative, motivated, driven. Eager to learn. Has an excellent work ethic and passion to succeed
● Excellent communications and cross-functional skills
● Background in Systems Programming, Operating Systems, FreeRTOS, mbed
● Familiarity with IoT Protocols – MQTT, COAP, AWS IoT
● Familiarity with Python
● Experience with Wi-Fi, BLE, and Cellular IoT solutions
● Experience in developing embedded devices, sensors, or control systems.
● Experience in working with ARM Cortex-M based microcontrollers.
● Knowledge of communication protocols like I2C, SPI, and UART.
● Experience in developing drivers for sensors such as accelerometers, magnetometers, temperature sensors, GPS, etc.
Bachelors - Computer and Information Science, Bachelors - Electrical EngineeringPreferred Level of Work Experience
1 - 3 yearsWe are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Valid through: 8/17/2020