Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
You will design and implement kernel drivers for video codec accelerators, and be responsible of their software/hardware integration to various platforms. Working with the video core development team, you will participate in the design of the video codec and related IP blocks. You will collaborate with internal and external partner teams to integrate the IPs in their platforms, and provide simulation models for chip-level performance modeling.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information - hardware. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Design, implement and integrate low level software driving video acceleration.
- Engage with internal and external partners to ensure smooth integration of the video accelerators.
- Integrate video codec accelerator software and hardware to various chip platforms.
- Design simulation models and benchmarks for the video accelerators for chip-level performance modeling.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with software/hardware interfaces and integration.
- Experience with C/C++ and Python programming.
- Experience with verification using FPGAs and/or emulation platforms.
- Experience with video/imaging accelerators and pixel pipelines.
- Experience with SoC architecture and standard interfaces.
- Demonstrated understanding of key concepts in computer architecture.