The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc. through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Using MATLAB / Simulink in a model-based design environment, perform Rapid Control Prototyping (RCP) to quickly develop embedded software solutions in order to meet customer requirements.
- Create written system and software technical specifications and requirements for powertrain and vehicle embedded software based on customer requirements.
- Analyze, interpret, and provide feedback on system architecture, control system designs, software implementation, and verification / validation tests for conformance to customer requirements.
- Gather data and analyze system performance utilizing test equipment and other standard EE lab equipment for verification and validation of embedded software products.
- Perform troubleshooting and first-line diagnosis of issues, detailed analysis, root-cause investigation, problem resolution and defect reporting.
- Interact with team members, field technicians and other personnel within the company and provide on-site customer support.
- Work to develop professional relationships through collaboration, respect, professionalism, trust and integrity.
Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline required.
- Candidate will be independent, motivated, demonstrate excellent analytical skills and exercise sound engineering judgment.
- Basic knowledge of engine and powertrain management systems.
- Experience with vehicle electronics and/or engine systems is desired.
- Understanding of automotive communication protocols, including: J1939, CAN, KWP-2000, UDS is desired.
- Understanding of automotive electrical systems.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment with strong organizational skills.
- Proven success managing workload; and willingness, flexibility, and initiative to respond to shifting time, priority, and project demands.
- Ability to travel up to 10% including international travel.