At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
WatchGuard Video, A Motorola Solutions Company, is the leading provider of digital in-car video recording systems and video evidence management software for law enforcement. We are a thriving and growing company looking for an Embedded Software Test Automation Engineer. This is a full-time role for a Test Automation Engineer to grow and thrive. We are looking not only for a talented engineer, we are looking for someone who will contribute to our overall culture.
- Conduct functional, system, and performance tests on embedded software products and systems. Analyze product requirements to determine feasibility of testing / validation within time and cost constraints.
- Self-managed and proactively solve issues and problems with a minimum of direction.
- Design, develop, modify and execute test plans
- Deliver scripts (code) for test automation, building/augmenting automation framework, and infrastructure for integration with tool-chains and dashboards.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to contribute at a high level in a tight-knit team environment are a must.
- Operate in an Agile development environment, including Continuous Integration & Deployment (CI/CD).
- Work with software engineering to develop APIs and CLIs to support automated testing, remote testing/diagnosing, and fault injection.
- Work with Customer Service and Technical Support teams to help resolve customer issues.
- Demonstrate aptitude in recognizing and solving problems as part of a team or individually.
- Demonstrate ability in testing/validating complex systems and software designs.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies appropriate for implementation.
- Create detailed test and validation documentation.
- Understand software quality and reliability metrics.
- Accurately scope tasks and implement them in accordance with the plan.
- Foster teamwork among peers.
- Maintain a positive attitude throughout typical work related challenges.
- Interface with individuals outside of engineering.
- Must understand test coverage metrics and ability to project accurate state of test readiness, test completeness, and time to finish
- Prefer experience with the Linux operating system
- Prefer experience with automation frameworks
- Prefer experience validating end-to-end systems and solutions
- Prefer experience working in an Agile Scrum environment with CI/CD
- Undergraduate degree in a Computer Science or Electrical Engineering discipline or 7+ years of relevant experience
- Recent 4+ years of relevant experience
- 2+ years of scripting experience with Python
Referral Payment Plan
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.