$150K — $200K *
Our client develops, builds, tests, and operates laser communications systems for a variety of applications and environments. Lasercom offers dramatically increased data rates and enhanced physical security relative to standard radio frequency-based communications systems. The client has expertise in communications; optics; electro-optics; optical turbulence mitigation; precise pointing control systems; embedded systems; command, control, and telemetry; test set design and fabrication; data analysis; modeling; and simulation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Persons in this position will be asked to prototype new concepts, participate in the development of systems, and provide support to deployed systems. Candidate must be willing to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment. Team members will work with interdisciplinary teams to develop advanced communication system prototypes, and testing with both internally and externally developed systems. Work includes embedded software design, code implementation and testing to support a variety of high-fidelity software-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop prototypes.
Candidates will participate in developing cross-platform, distributed and multi-processor object-oriented code for embedded applications. Requires an understanding of object-oriented analysis and design in addition to programming language skills in C and C++.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance
• PhD plus 5 years minimum experience, or MS plus 8 years minimum experience
• Good communication skills: willingness to listen to the needs of engineers and the ability to articulate solutions to engineers in other disciplines who possess little understanding of embedded software systems
• Experience developing embedded software for communication systems through the complete life-cycle from requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration and test
• Experience developing drivers and support software for custom-designed hardware boards. In lieu of custom-designed hardware; experience developing drivers and support software for consumer off-the-shelf hardware boards is acceptable
• Experience developing C/C++ software for a real-time operating system (RTOS) such as VxWorks
• A fundamental understanding of digital logic design is preferred
• Familiarity with or prior experience designing for multi-core ARM processor architectures
• Experience designing for high-reliability applications
• Experience developing Board Support Packages (BSP) for microprocessors to be used in configuration and controlling FPGAs
• Experience with event-based control loops and state machines
• Familiarity with developing software interfaces supporting data transfer over Ethernet, especially for network booting using Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) or similar is highly desired
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Infrequent
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI). Investigation (CBI).
Valid through: 11/13/2020