This position will require the candidate to develop software and firmware to test sequencing products at Illumina, Inc. The candidate will work with automated tests on a regular basis and will also utilize SQA skills to write and execute manual tests in accordance with the company's established development and test methodology. The successful candidate will display a strong sense of ownership, motivation, and attention to detail. Additionally, the candidate must have the proven ability to manage interdisciplinary relationships.
- Develop software, firmware, and hardware to test embedded systems.
- Write and execute manual and automated tests. Carefully analyze and document test results.
- Operate a variety of laboratory instrumentation and simulators to perform integration testing, system testing, and functional testing.
- Assist in troubleshooting system problems.
- Work with scientists, technicians, engineers, marketing, and project management to deliver commercial and internal systems.
- Assist developers and domain experts in designing, performing, and improving verification tests.
- Lead test requirement analysis and review meetings. Report on test activities.
- Write formal firmware and FPGA test requirements specifications and documentation, including test plans, how-to guides, cookbooks, reference material, technical overviews, etc.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or computer engineering.
- Experience working hands on with circuits, boards, microcontrollers/embedded systems, FPGA, etc.
- Programming with C/C++, Python, and/or C#
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Possess proven troubleshooting skills.
- Have proven ability to self-manage, as well as manage interdisciplinary relationships.
- Be curious, detail oriented, and analytical, with a proven ability to learn quickly.
- Be customer-focused, team-oriented, and motivated, taking ownership of assigned tasks.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience with test infrastructure such as LabView / National Instruments.
- Experience with Source Control (Subversion, git), Visual Studio.
- Understanding of Optics and Fluidics.
- Experience with PCB design and layout.
- Programming with VHDL/Verilog
- Ability to participate in product development tasks related to electrical and firmware engineering.
- Understanding of Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, or related field of biology.
- Understanding of Mechanical Engineering.