Embedded Software / Firmware Engineer
- We are driven by the satisfaction of discovering solutions to complex design challenges, providing superior quality and support, and enabling groundbreaking technology innovations in today’ s fastest growing, most exciting vertical markets.
What we do is beyond remarkable, and you could be a part of it.
- Provide firmware and software support on our LoRa products from product introduction to mass production.
- Collaborate with internal and external engineers, marketing, and customers to define and develop firmware and applications to enable the evaluation, integration and/or production of our LoRa products
- Develop and review wireless protocols for embedded systems designed to integrate into commercial wireless networks.
- Develop technical documentation, presentations, and training materials to help promote new products and facilitate product adoption and integration
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science plus 5+ years of recent embedded software or firmware development experience
- At least 5 years of expertise in C/C++ development and troubleshooting
- At least 3 years of experience with programming Intel 8051, ARM, PIC, and/or AVR microcontrollers.
- Experience with hardware interfaces such as UART, SPI, GPIO, I2C, JTAG, USB is required
- Knowledge of wireless protocol stack development, testing and troubleshooting
- Experience scriptinglanguage such as Python, Perl, Matlab
- Excellent communication skills are a must
- Master’ s Degree with an emphasis on embedded software and firmware
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, 6LowPAN, etc.
- Experience with laboratory instruments such as Spectrum Analyzer, Oscillosopes, etc.
- Experience in one or more communication protocols such as LoRa, Wi-Fi, Zigbee, Bluetooth, or Wi-Sun.
- Understanding of wireless communication systems and theory is a plus
- Experience with developing drivers and applications for Windows and Linux operating system
Job Number: 18708