Job ID 60837BR Date posted 02/09/2018 City Syracuse State New York CountryUS
UTC Climate, Controls & Security (CCS) is a leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
If you’re a current student or a recent graduate in Engineering or Computer Science you may be eligible for UTC Climate, Controls and Security’s New Graduate Hire Program. We are accepting applications for our 2018 program. The cohort starts in June and applicants must have received their degree prior to cohort start date. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas within the skills of the future- Cyber Security, Embedded Systems, Model Based Development, Software, Systems and UI Development. CCS’s New Graduate Hire Program provides a hands-on engineeringexperience in a supported, closely mentored cohort. Associates of the New Graduate Hire Program will obtain career development opportunities, exposure to leadership and will develop a strong professional network. The goal of the CCS New Graduate Hire Program is to help early career professionals become productive and successful engineers within the one year program.
This engineer will work in the design, development and testing of Embedded Software for CCS products, leveraging state-of-art processes and technologies, including model-based design.
Specific responsibilities for this position will be:
- Contribute to the definition of embedded system platforms
- Support the definition of embedded software architectures
- Design and implement embedded software components
- Support the qualification process of embedded software components and systems
- Investigate embedded software issues, including software defects and performance bottlenecks
- Experience on embedded software programming, including C/C++ programming and Linux-based applications
- Experience on programming of distributed applications (e.g., client/server applications)
- Experience on cross-compilation and software debugging
- Solid background in RTOS and embedded platforms
- Solid background on communication networks and distributed systems (CAN networks, TCP/IP, serial communication)
- Fluent English (both written and spoken), good technical writing, presentation and communication skills
Preferred Technical Skills/Education:
- Experience on the use of modeling for software design and code generation, using either Simulink or IBM Rhapsody (or alternative UML tool)
- Experience in the use of MIL/SIL/HIL methods
- Experience in the use of hardware emulators (e.g., QEMU) for software testing
- Experience in the use of configuration management systems
- BS in Engineering in the area of Embedded Systems or Software with a GPA of 3.2 or higher
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.