We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA's first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to be an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
The Innovation Team is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer for the Fort Worth, TX location. The Embedded Software Engineer will design, develop, and test embedded software on Small-Medium sized UAS applications.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following
- Design, develop, and test embedded software for real-time flight control systems and foundations for advanced autonomy
- Support for DO-178 and other aircraft software certification efforts
- Participation and involvement in all aspects of software development, including: architecture, interface, prototyping, capability definition, requirements generation, design artifacts, simulation, verification, and validation activities
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- M.S. in above fields is preferred
- 5yrs of experience in embedded and real-time software engineering. Preference will be given for additional work in flight controls, avionics, sensor integration, and autonomous controls.
- Familiarity with relevant standards, for example, most or all of: FACE, RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-178, RTCA DO-254, SAE ARP 4754A, SAE ARP 4761, 14 CFR Part 27 and Part 29 for commercial and military qualification and certification of aircraft systems.
- Strong ability to utilize and produce technical documentation.
- Familiarity with real-time operating systems.
- Experience with most or all of the following:
- Mathworks MATLAB/Simulink
Don't miss the chance to join a diverse, inclusive environment where you feel a sense of belonging. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where unique experiences, backgrounds and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.