Embedded Software Developer in new project development for medical diagnostic instruments.
Works in a multi-disciplined team environment. Responsible for the design, development, implementation, testing, documentation, maintenance, and support of software components in support of larger project goals.
- Computer Engineering or BSEE preferred, or BS Computer Science with demonstrated engineering training or aptitude
- experience developing firmware/software
- mastery of C [or C++], embedded systems programming, and instrumentation systems [motor/motion control, thermal control, valves, solenoids, etc.]
- mastery of programming microcontrollers especially from Texas Instruments (Hercules ARM family preferred or C2000 family), control of the integrated peripherals (e.g. PWM, ADC, SPI), and the development environment (Eclipse based preferred)
- working knowledge of electronic schematics & logic programming, networking protocols (CAN preferred) & inter-process communications, and real-time control systems
- working knowledge of software quality systems (peer code reviews, static code analysis), structured & object oriented development processes, and Windows development platforms
- basic knowledge of agile development (Microsoft Team Foundation Server preferred)
- basic knowledge of software build/release process [Microsoft Visual Studio preferred]
- Unit Testing framework experience a plus
- LabView and Matlab/Simulink experience a plus
- Mechatronics and control theory experience a plus
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- experience in an FDA regulated industry preferred