Shure seeking new and recent graduates for embedded software development positions!
The Embedded SW Development Engineers will work in the Product Development Division designing, implementing, testing, and integrating real time, multitasking software for Shure’s professional audio products. These positions will work with more senior software engineers on architecture and design work as well as interacting with other engineering disciplines within Shure.
- Design, develop and test embedded software and associated components that are part of a software and hardware system for audio products.
- Development can consist of hardware drivers, embedded software applications, audio and control networking and networking protocols and related areas using C++ and C as the primary programming languages.
- Work as part of a cross-functional development team to design and implement cutting edge audio products and technologies
- Estimate, organize, and document tasks
- Practice established software development methodologies and principles focusing on separation of concerns, reusability, maintainability, minimized complexity, high cohesion and low coupling
- Model designs using UML or similar methodologies as appropriate; develop use cases to model real-time systems behavior
- Review the design and code developed by peer engineers. Engage in unit, integration and testing of software components and systems.
- Other duties as assigned
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Electrical Engineering; MS a plus
- 0-5 years of experience with skills in C++ and/or C. Some course work or industry exposure to object oriented design, analysis and programming is a plus.
- Experience using and designing software with networking protocols - Ethernet, IP, TCP/UDP as well as Wifi and other wireless protocols as well as exposure to networksecurity and protocols a plus.
- Understanding of operating system concepts, embedded software development environment and tools for real-time embedded operating systems (RTOS), such as VxWorks, FreeRTOS or Embedded Linux
- Exposure to embedded system architectures, development environments and debugging a plus.
- Hardware Driver development and hardware debugging exposure a plus
- Experience with software version control and release
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to analyze complex interdependent variables
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Quality consciousness