Details: A Embedded Software Engineer job in Grand Rapids, MI is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible to support the design, development and verification of the embedded avionics software for a Flight Management System (FMS), specifically in the User Interface functional area. In this role, you will utilize expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for yourself and others, and have the ability to affect business goals.
Embedded Software Engineer job duties:
• Author and validate high-level requirements, verification strategies, test cases and test
procedures for FMS embedded software.
• Generate low-level requirements-based verification strategies, test cases and test procedures for
FMS embedded software.
• Participate in software structural coverage analysis and test for 100% coverage of FMS embedded
• Execute the design, analysis and evaluation of assigned projects using sound
scientific/engineering principles and practices.
• Work in a multidisciplinary team.
• Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments while maintaining a focus on
safety and reliability.
• Conduct Problem Report (PR) investigation and resolution.
• Identify, evaluate and develop engineering tools / processes necessary to meet engineering and
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace
Engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited college or university.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for
employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Ability and willingness to travel a minimum of 10% of the time.
• Hands-on experience developing and testing Flight Management Systems (FMS) embedded
software in a DO-178B/C Avionics development environment.
• Experience with commercial cockpit avionics (real or simulated)
• Experience using Ada programming languages
• Unit testing with VectorCAST or similar unit testing framework
• Visual Basic scripting
• Experience with ARINC 661and/or ARINC 739 User Interface protocols
• Experience in embedded Military and Commercial Avionics product development.
• Willingness and motivation to learn new processes and tools.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Proven analytical and organizational ability.
• Capable of developing and writing specifications in an engineering environment.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in embedded product development.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in Avionics Development to MIL-STD and DO-178B/C
• Ability to use project cost and schedule requirements as part of the overall best technical solution.
• Participate in a team as a team player.
• Ability to provide most cost effective and technically correct solution.
4 openings for 12 month plus contract assignments.
DO 178 B/C and realtime embedded experience are the 2 most important skill sets.
If you are interested in this Embedded Software Engineer job in Grand Rapids, Mi please apply via the “apply now” link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services—from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.