Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
Less than 5 years
Posted 27 days ago
Details: A Embedded Software Engineer job in Duncan, SC is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting software needs in a Brake Product Engineering group. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineer or other related engineering discipline, and three to five years of proven experience in the development lifecycle. Experience with pneumatic brake systems for the rail industry is a big plus. This is a very visible, direct hire opportunity with a growing company and has excellent upward mobility.
Embedded Software Engineer Job duties:
- Work will involve all aspects of design, development, analysis, application, and testing of existing and new product designs.
- Design process will involve adherence to one or more of the following: EN 50126, EN 50128, EN 50129, IEEE 1012, IEEE 1558 standards, internal company standards.
- Review and understand customer technical specifications and industry standards in regards to technical requirements (materials, qualification, and performance requirements) of the product
- Maintain design documentation as it relates to CMMI, ISO, IRIS, IEEE, EN and company best practices.
- Support and maintains requirements and traceability to those requirements
- Optimization of product performance requirements, cost, and reliability.
- Minimum 3-5 years proven experience in the development life cycle (from interpretation of a requirements specification through design, development, validation, and assessment) of real time software for embedded systems
- Experience in the development of software for rolling stock (according to EN 50128) is highly preferred.
- Technical experience in all or some of the following major areas: Machine design, stress analysis, use of SolidWorks or comparable computer aided design software, hydraulics, electrical theory, mechanical strength of parts, Pneumatics (valve design, controls, etc.)
- Knowledge of differing manufacturing processes such as molded plastics, machining, welding, and casting of metals.
- Knowledge of CMMI/ISO/IRIS a plus.
- Embedded Programming using C/C++ for Control Systems with RTOS, FPGA and Microcontroller/Microprocessors – Intel, PIC, Freescale, ARM or equivalent.