Rockwell Automation is looking for an innovative engineer to join our global embedded software organization based in Milwaukee, WI. In this role, you will have the opportunity to solve highly complex technical problems, and to grow into a software architect or manager role.
- Develop safety- and security-critical embedded software for new Programmable Logic Controllers
- Work in a variety of hardware and software environments, ranging from commercial off-the-shelf to custom System on Chip architectures, and from general purpose to embedded real-time operating systems
- Use modern continuous integration and development tools, and promote continuous improvement of engineering tools and practices across the global development organization
- Participate as a member of an agile team within the Scaled Agile Framework, and actively monitor and improve the overall health, predictability, and velocity of the team as well as the larger Agile Release Train
- Lead high- and detailed-level design of controller features and subsystems, providing coordination across agile development teams, system and controller architects, marketing, and management
- Partner with development, functional test, and system test personnel to construct testable requirements; design and implement test plans to meet product requirements; promote reliable automated test engineering practices and technology
- Mentor less experienced personnel, and encourage knowledge sharing and learning among the development community
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Bachelor’s degree
- Rockwell Automation will consider sponsorship for qualified applicant, except for those currently in F-1 or J-1 status.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience with demonstrated professional development in software design and development.
- Ability to understand and apply knowledge of object-oriented analysis, design, and programming techniques, especially in C++
- Willingness to take on a technical leadership role in a medium-sized team
- Previous experienceworking with real-time embedded development environments
- Experience developing software to meet safety and security standards such as IEC 61508 or IEC 62443
- Experience developing automated tests and tools in a high level language such as Python
- Past technical leadership experience in an agile development setting
- In depth knowledge of software engineering and application of engineering principles and practices in a related field
- Experience working withindustrial protocols, especially Common Industrial Protocol (CIP)
- Advanced courses or degree in engineering, computer science or controls