Embedded Software Engineer, Platform Architecture
- Job Number: 99609346
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 31-Aug-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
Apple’s Platform Architecture Engineering group is seeking an excellent Software/Firmware Engineer with working knowledge of general digital/EE design. The engineer will be responsible for development of MacOS, iOS and micro-controller code, investigating new technologies, prototyping concepts, and developing instrumentation/tools. This position is the focal point for HW/SW integration, requiring a self-driven engineer with great initiative.
- Excellent programming skills and knowledge of C and OOP practices.
- Experience with micro-controllers and working with new peripherals, features, and development environments.
- Development experience on Unix, Linux or Mac OS X
- Ability to read serial bus traces, board schematics, use an oscilloscope and logic analyzer.
- Experience with board bring up and digital hardware.
- ARM, USB, I2C, SPI, Lua, Objective-C, OS X driver, GIT and SVN experience a plus.
Embedded software/firmware design and implementation Interface with mechanical, EE, SW and other teams on device design. Thoroughly document and support implemented code. Must be a team player with excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
BS/MS CS/CE/EECS and experience in embedded software solutions.