Pentair plc (NYSE: PNR) is a global company dedicated to building a safer, more sustainable world. Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Its technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion, Pentair employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
A global water leader focused on smart, sustainable water and fluid processing applications. It designs, manufactures and delivers innovative solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers who place a premium on high quality water and fluids. Strategic business units include Aquatic and Environmental Systems, Water Filtration, Water Technologies, Process Technologies, and Fluid Motion. Pentair's Water segment generated approximately $2.8 billion in sales in 2016.
Pentair is currently seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to join our Engineering Department. This Embededed Software Engineer will provide technical, analytical and creative support for new product development initiatives. The software used will be running a variety of devices to complete and monitor real time decisions of the system as a whole. This position is based out of our facility in Hanover Park, IL. Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with product development teams of electrical, mechanical, and chemical engineers in the development of product
- Maintains existing software to support the further operation of implemented systems
- Principally develop and maintain the software code library for the product, including documenting/commenting of code, revision tracking, and theory of operations
- Develop graphical user interface code as required
- Drive creation of software requirement documents, software FMEA, use cases, and software testing/validation in product design
- Provides failsafe solution to continuously evolving market
- Interact with other hardware and software engineers in the GBU for conduct of design reviews
- Drive best practice adoption of embedded systems development
Job Requirements & Skills
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 0-3 years in a professional software engineering role
- Embedded system experience
- Proficiency in C/C++ language for embedded applications
- Interconnected devices experience (WiFi, encrypted Ethernet, BLE, etc.) is a plus
- Understanding of networking (TCP/IP, HTTP) is a plus
- Experience interfacing with web API’s is a plus
- High level of personal enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Willingness to take initiative
- Communication Skills
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.