$80K — $100K *
Micron Technology’s goal is to transform how the world uses the information to enrich life. Our dedication to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global technology leader. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and teamwork while supporting our global community.
Want to work in an engineering environment, hands-on with physical hardware, whose designs you actively contributed to? Want to be part of a team, specifying, designing, innovating, fabricating, optimizing, debugging, and carrying to production the next-generation semiconductor memory tester solutions? Want to be part of a close-knit cross-discipline engineering group that enables strategic cost, capability, and time to market advantage to Micron Technology Inc, which is absolutely critical to keeping Micron competitive in a global market? Do you want to be challenged to develop innovative production test solutions that are faster, more precise, robust, cost-effective, and capable than the competitions? Do you want to develop software that breathes life into new hardware, and experience the immediate feedback of your work controlling hardware to perform its intended task?
As an Embedded Engineer for SIG - Micron Systems Integration Group in Boise Idaho, you will be working on a wide range of Software and Hardware Engineering responsibilities. You will work closely with electrical, control, and mechanical design teams. You will be analyzing schematics, reviewing PCB layouts, developing design alternatives, prototyping circuits, ensuring hardware testability, debugging hardware, automating hardware test, automating production, and developing user libraries to control hardware. You will write code primarily in C/C++ and Python on Intel processors and various microcontrollers to act as the customers interface to designed hardware, test the hardware with diagnostics, and automate lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, precision power supplies, meters, and graphically represent the statistical results. You will also be responsible to aid in the design of test fixtures to test and calibrate hardware, and automating the design process. At SIG, you will have the opportunity to interact with experienced world-class development engineers across several engineering disciplines, giving you access to engineering know-how only learned on the job. As an embedded engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with many senior and principle engineers and be teamed with an experienced embedded engineering mentor, to help teach, guide, and mold your engineering career.
What are your responsibilities:
• Work with a multidiscipline team developing next-generation memory tester solutions.
• Apply learned technical design concepts and follow detailed instructions.
• Solve design problems and seek mentorship as needed.
• Desire to understand and debug electrical schematics.
• Integrates knowledge of basic concepts, principles, and theories of Electrical & Software Engineering.
• Familiarity with lab equipment such as DMMs, and Oscilloscopes.
• Familiarity with Linux is a significant plus but not required.
• Assist in the development of schematics.
• Analyze component specifications for design use
• Debug of electronics in an ESD safe lab environment.
• Write and understand test software as it relates to electronic debug.
• Write technical documents and lab reports.
• Write software to verify and diagnose chip and circuit issues.
• Debug C/C++ software interfacing to hardware.
• Present design work for peer review.
• Work in a team to accomplish a goal.
• Interfacing to microcontroller and processors circuits.
• Calibrating and working with power supplies and digital circuits.
• Working closely with electrical engineers to bring up and verify new system boards.
• Crafting a suite of tests to catch manufacturing errors in circuits and overall board design.
• Contribute to improving product robustness and accuracy.
BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent required
Micron is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values People, Innovation, Customer Focus, Tenacity, and Teamwork.
Valid through: 11/18/2020
$80K — $150K + $20K bonus
12 days ago