Embedded Software Engineer
Software Engineering Manager
BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
The Software Engineer will be responsible for developing software for Lear's connectivity products based on a Linux platform. Working in conjunction with the global Lear connectivity engineering team, this position will develop a deep understanding of Lear's connectivity solutions. This position will serve as a developer for various technologies such as V2X, Cellular, WiFi, GNSS, & BLE technologies. This engineer will develop application software for telematics applications in an embedded Linux environment. The engineer will also advise and assist the Lear sales team when they showcase and demo our connectivity portfolio to potential customers.
- Work closely with the Global Connectivity engineering team
- Maintain an expert level of product knowledge and application on Connectivity technology
- Listen, understand and convey customer issues and requirements to product management and development teams
- Develop applications software for telematics applications. Primarily in C, but other languages may be required for specific apps. (C/C++)
- Design and Document software components for maximum efficiency
- Perform Systems integration of Lear developed software with 3rd party or customer software.
Preferred Background & Experience:
- Experience 2-3 Years in Engineering
- Working experience with Linux Operating System with Networking background
- A solid understanding of network communications technology – Internet, Intranet, VPN, TCP/IP, Ethernet, IPv4, IPv6 etc.
- Effective communication, Interpersonal and organizational skills
- Mastery of Software development in C or C++
- Experience with protocols such as SOME/IP, MQTT and JSON/REST
- Experience with Autosar Adaptive
- Experience with Embedded build systems such as YOCTO, Buildroot, BitBake etc.
- Experience with SCM and version control tools such as GIT, SVN etc.
- Experience with issue tracking tools such as JIRA, Clearcase etc.
Southfield, Michigan, United States