Our successful consumer products client is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer Lead to expand their core product engineering team. The team has a tradition of creating innovative wireless products. They are seeking a highly motivated, driven, and experienced engineer to lead a team of embedded software engineers. As an Embedded Software Engineer Lead, you will be managing, developing and supporting software to bring their next generation of products to life. The team consists of local, offsite and offshore engineers. You will work collaboratively as part of cross-functional project teams.
- Responsible for the daily operation and leadership of the embedded software team
- Review, code, and Lead the embedded software team to adhere to the product definition and intended user experiences.
- Contribute to all phases of the software lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, test coordination, release, support, and documentation.
- Drive the team to develop automated acceptance tests for user interface, embedded components, and application software components
- Occasional travel may be required to support interoperability test events, meetings with 3rd party software providers or prototype builds
- Ability to analyze complex technical problems and design comprehensive solutions
You should have experience with:
- C for Embedded Development
- Electrical components (Ethernet, I2C, SPI, USB)
- Embedded RTOS (FreeRTOS, ThreadX, LynxOS, QNX, Linux)
- Source code management (SCM) tools (Subversion, Git, Perforce, etc.)
- Basic lab equipment (oscilloscopes, power supplies, multimeters, etc.)
- Knowledge and exposure to basic hardware design and can read a schematic
- Familiarity with Bluetooth and BTLE embedded communication stacks
- Familiarity with battery management and battery charging circuits
- BSEE/BSCS/BSCE with 8+ years of professional development experience.