What you will do:
Join our team and you will be joining our cause as we build a world that's safe, comfortable, and sustainable.
As a Software Engineer, you'll be a part of our diverse global team making a significant impact on our organization. You will use your analytical thinking skills combined with your experience in applying design patterns and best practices, structured and focused development processes and engineering principles to developing robust, scalable, and maintainable solutions that are user friendly and support business priorities. How you will do it:
What we look for:
- Participate as a member of software development team and lead development in a specific software component to deliver business features and software components according to established delivery schedules
- Investigate and analyses new or existing technologies, third party software and development tools to address technical challenges and issues to meet specific design specifications
- Build detailed software designs under the mentorship of technical leadership using well known industry accepted methodologies and tools
- Independently investigate, understand and analyses issues with existing and legacy systems and products to propose fixes for existing issues as well aiding the testing and documentation of such changes
- Independently develop software using industry well known software languages and tools and company established standard and guidelines and industry best practices
- Independently develop software that conforms to the designs, is testable and maintainable
- Work closely with quality assurance to aid in defining test cases along with creating, reviewing, and implementing test plans
- Review product documentation and technical instructions for completeness and accuracy
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field.
- 1-2 years direct hands-on software development experience
- Proficient in object oriented, interface driven design and implementation
- Proficient in Microsoft .NET Framework and related development languages and tools
- Understanding of managed development language such as C
- Understanding of implementing database driven and service-oriented design and architecture
- Understanding modern unit testing practice and major vendor frameworks
- Understanding large scale, multi-threaded and asynchronous design, and implementation
- Understanding of web-based communication protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, Web Socket, UDP etc.
- Must be self-motivated and able to perform well in a collaborative team environment.
- Understanding of security protocols and models for web-based applications and development framework
- Understanding of Linux and Windows operation systems, web and application server platforms and their security models
- Experience with source control systems and change management tools (e.g., Git, Jira)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Where legally permissible, if hired, candidate is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no later than their start date, unless candidate has a valid medical condition or sincerely held religious belief precluding them from receiving the vaccine.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law
. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit https://www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers