We are looking for an Embedded SW Engineer to participate in the development of our Fixed Industrial Robots controllers. You will design, implement and run software that will facilitate the future robotic systems to do fast, controlled and revolutionary motion. You will have the opportunity to step into a wide variety of roles, such as design and development of low level firmware through to application level software for robots as well as implementing novel robotic algorithms. This role will work with a distributed and international software team, as well as cross functionally with other business functions. Our team thrives in a social, collaborative and productive space that encourages a work hard play hard culture. Our new state-of-the-art office in Pleasanton boasts lots of collaboration areas to facilitate a "one team" attitude. Continue reading to find out if you and are ORT are a great match!
The ideal candidate:
- Enjoys working side by side with peers and cross functional teams to diagnose and fix issues in complex multi-platform system
- Experienced in all phases of software development from product definition to production release
- Motivates self and others for results through team spirit
- Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
- Design, implement and maintain embedded software for safety and controls of all of our current and future fixed industrial robots.
- Design, implement and maintain drivers for controller peripherals (serial ports, I2C, Ethernet, EtherCAT, FireWire, SD Card, Force Sensor, motor encoders, amplifiers etc.).
- Design, implement and maintain embedded software for odometry and motion control of new and existing robots for new and existing controller platforms.
- Participate in product architecture design.
- Support existing products and modify existing features.
- In office presence during regular business hours is required for access to hardware and collaboration with team- mates
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other technical related field.
- 3+ years of experience developing embedded software for industrial products.
- Solid C++ programming skills.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality, efficient and portable code in a real-time embedded environment.
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems.
- Familiar with the embedded microprocessor design process: compilers, debuggers, IDE and source code control.
- Good understanding of various aspects of embedded systems (SoC, microcontroller architecture, board block diagrams, board schematics, register maps, etc.)
- Knowledge of at least one Continuous Integration Software (Jenkins, Bamboo, Cruise Control, Electric Commander, etc.)
- Passionate about implementing technical innovations to improve our customer's experience.: