Honeywell's Aerospace Platforms Center of Excellence has an exciting opportunity for a skilled Software/Firmware Engineer. This role involves low level SW development of board support packages, including RTOS integration, device driver development and debugging of HW and SW in the development on aerospace electronic systems. We create the systems that support application level engineering for products such as displays, radios, flight controls, engine controls, cabin pressure systems, and environmental controls.
You will work with the team that brings the electronics hardware up and provides the low-level software to the product COEs for application teams to develop their applications on. Your work will extend to every product in the entire electronics world of aerospace.
Be part of a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex software functions within Honeywell Aerospace. You will be instrumental in designing, planning and coordinating work teams, as well as providing technical support. You will also generate innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities. You will interface and exchange with internal and external customers, vendors and suppliers throughout the life of the project.
We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Honeywell is the opportunity you've been looking for!
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science-focused line of study
• 5+ years of Aerospace SW Development Experience
• Strong experience in development of Embedded Real-Time SW
• Strong experience with Embedded RTOSs, such as VxWorks®, Linux, Integrity®, Deos™
• Strong experience in networking and computer communications
• Strong Aerospace embedded software development experience
• Strong experience in tool development
• C & C++ language experience
• Assembly experience
• SW verification experience
• SW certification experience
• Experience with DO-178 B/C
• Understanding various software development lifecycle
• Knowledge of software configuration management and change management practices
• Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
• Effective communicator
• Wide degree of creativity and latitude
• Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
• Ability to find the correct balance between demand and capacity when establishing priorities for the organization.
• Analytical skills & software development skills