Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Embedded Software Engineer II
What You´ll Do:
- Design, develop and implement both application level and embedded software for aerospace, avionics and related tactical systems.
- Perform full software life cycle functions including software requirements, architecture, design, code, test, integration and documentation.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, on programs and within the company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You´ll Need:
- BS in Engineering or a related technical field plus 5 or more years of related experience is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degreemust be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience using programming languages such as C/C++, Ruby/Python and other languages in designing, developing, and testing software for operational systems /applications.
- Experience with embedded software development.
- Understanding of and experience with real-time operating systems including Linux/VxWorks.
- A working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and activities in each phase.
- Experience with formal software development practices including the use of software version control, coding standards and naming conventions.
- Good communication, presentation and team skills.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.