· Knowledge of modern software languages – C, C++, Java, Unix and UNIX derivatives, MatLab and other analysis tools
· College coursework should include C/C++ or Java
· 1 year of calculus, physics and computer science studies that include assembly level programming
· Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
· Knowledge of systems software design and operating systems and architectures
· This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
· Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Bash, etc) is a plus
· Holding a current Secret clearance is a plus
· Internships or cooperative work assignments in an applicable embedded software development environment or DoD environment is a plus
· Strong analytical skills
· Math classes beyond Calculus such as Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, and Engineering Mathematics
· Computer Science classes such as Operating Systems and Compiler Design
· Electrical Engineering classes related to embedded systems design
· Must have good interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills
Required Education (Including Major):
Bachelor of Science in an Engineering field (Software, Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, Aerospace, Systems) or a related discipline including but not limited to Computer Science, Math and Physics.
The job title for a Bachelor of Science degree is a Software Engineer I (G06).
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***
· ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
· 3.0 cumulative GPA desired